Monday, September 8, 2014

The Kraft Journal #188 - Anything Goes

Hello Friends!

For this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal, it's "Anything Goes". I decided to make a very simple Sympathy card. I never have any on hand, and I wanted to make one that would be easy for mailing.  I also need cards that are fitting for a male recipient, so I didn't want a lot of extra flair such as buttons and bows on this design. 
I started with a card base of Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock. I embossed a panel of Buff Ivory and added a decorative strip of patterned paper from my left over scraps in the center. I took Dark Green Baker's Twine and wrapped it around the center several times before adhering the panel to the base. I die-cut a stitched circle from Brown Kraft Cover Weight cardstock using My Creative Time Bunch of Fun Circles and stamped the sentiment also from My Creative Time Floral Sentiments at the bottom.
Using Buff Ivory for the petals, the Stitched Daisy Flower from My Creative Time was die-cut and added to the center.

Please be sure to head over to the The Kraft Journal to check out the projects by the other talented ladies.  We hope to see your "Anything Goes" creations in the gallery this week for your chance to be featured on our "Feature me Friday" post as well as be entered to win a $15.00 gift voucher from The Kraft Outlet store.

Have a Fantastic week!
~Tammy~

7 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Super pretty, Tammy! I love the combo of ivory with kraft, and love your embossing, too. The paper pieced flower is really fun. Love the sentiment, too!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Tammy!! The flower is so pretty!! I have a hard time with sympathy cards. You have done a fabulous job!! Love the embossing!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Love that big beautiful flower :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the flower!!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely sympathy card Tammy, the big flower is so pretty!

Greta said...

Lovely card, Tammy!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh I love that flower center that just looks like candy!